In the era of mobile, consumers are more empowered than ever before. In fact, online consumers spend close to 350 hours a year researching local products and services on their smartphones, according to Google. Now more than ever before, “research-obsessed” consumers are making informed decisions about the services they use and the products they buy.
In May, GREENCREST invited local business owners to its office for Google Partners Connect, an event co-hosted with Google to share research, strategies and tips to help business owners put their local business at the top of Google search results and distinguish themselves from the 29 million local businesses in the United States fighting for customer’s attention.
At GREENCREST’s May event, our guests learned a lot about what it takes to get found online. Google presented some statistics that prove that a strong mobile presence has become a prerequisite for doing business.
Better Business Listings
- Business owners who actively update and monitor their companies’ Google My Business listings are 70 percent more likely to attract customers than businesses that don’t.
- Completed listings are 50 percent more likely to lead to a purchase than unfinished listings.
- Businesses with completed listings are 2.7 times more likely to be considered “reputable” by consumers conducting research about local products and services.
The Empowered Customer
- Three out of four online consumers use a search engine to find a business.
- Seven out of 10 consumers who found a business online make a purchase.
- Two out of three smartphone users are more likely to make a purchase from a business with a mobile site or app that is customized to their actual location.
The Power of Online Reviews
- Two out of three consumers have said that positive reviews played a part in deciding whether or not to purchase a product or service.
- In the last two years, mobile searches including the word “best” has increased 80 percent.
Ever-Evolving Consumer Search Trends
- In the last few years, mobile searches for “where to buy” a product or service has increased 85 percent.
- Searches for businesses that are “open now” have increased 3 times in the last few years.
Consumers conduct billions of searches a month for local products and services. Looking for a way to stand out? Connect with GREENCREST, a Google Partner Agency, for help getting found online!