Social media has changed everything. Creating and sharing our experiences online has become irrevocably ingrained into our culture. It didn’t take long for marketers to join the game. Since the beginning, social media has played an ever-increasing role in marketing strategies for businesses. Yet some companies still aren’t convinced social media will boost their revenue, and most of these companies are business-to-business (B2B).
Yes, B2B Social Media Is Worth It!
Business-to-consumer (B2C) companies can reach out directly to their customers using social media. But guess what? So can B2B companies. So, yes, social media marketing needs to be a part of every smart company’s marketing strategy.
But, Where Should I Start?
The three pillars of social media marketing are Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. To be a successful marketer online, you must amplify your brand via these three platforms, at least.
LinkedIn is currently the best option for B2B marketing. Being able to find and identify decision-makers in target industries, markets and companies has bridged a sales gap that has existed for decades. Cold calls to companies asking for purchasing managers will soon be a thing of the past.
According to Webbiquity, “84% of CEOs and VPs say they use social media to help make purchasing decisions.”
If you know how to design, implement and run a successful B2B social media marketing campaign, you can increase a brand’s visibility, engage directly with customers and create sales—all without leaving your office.
How Do I Create a Successful Social Media Marketing Strategy?
Strategy is the keyword here. The best way to achieve success for your company is to implement the data-driven strategy created for your company. Not there yet? That’s OK.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Brand Visuals: When creating your social media channels, be sure to use brand visual guides for aesthetics, unified logos and clear information about who you are and what you do.
- Content: Content is king. Create unique, relevant content that is interesting for you, your industry and your potential customers. This may include blog articles, infographics or even videos.
- Create a Schedule: If you’ve committed to doing this, do it right and don’t give up. Consistency is the only way you will be able to measure your efforts.
- Engage: Join the conversation. Follow, like and connect with those in your industry. Join discussions and participate. The more you do, the more your peers will learn your name, your company name and, most importantly, your reputation.
- Measure Your Results: Each platform provides key insights into your posts’ performance. Are posts with pictures getting more clicks? Do Friday posts seem to always perform poorly? Measure what you are doing, and adjust your strategy.
Looking for More?
Here at GREENCREST, we specialize in marketing strategies, social media marketing, content marketing and much more. Speak with a B2B Social Media Marketing expert today!